Compare the performance of conventional coagulants made of ferric sulfate turbidity and organic carbon surface water
Coagulation and flocculationCoagulantJar TestOrganic carbonRemove turbidity,
Water treatment, according to its substantial role in life and also environmental topics, has a great importance. generally speaking, different methods are utilized in water and wastewater treatment such as: sedimentation, filtration and biologic treatment methods. One of the most important methods applied in water and wastewater treatment is coagulation of suspended solid contents of water using coagulants. Coagulants are divided into non-organic (mineral). synthetic organic and non-synthetic organic groups. In this research, efficiency of non-organic (mineral) coagulants including Ferric chloror, Aluminum phosphate, Poly Aluminum chloride & Polly Ferric Sulphate, in coagulation – flocculation process was studied and compared using a Jar test system. It should be mentioned that for the first time in Iran, Polly Ferric Sulphate was tested during research. According to reported results, this coagulation, compared with other coagulants, indicates better performance in conception, heavier flock’s production higher sedimentation velocity, turbidity removal efficiency, organic carbon removal percent and its good performance in a wider range of temperature and pH. Moreover, because of Ferric base, it does not face with common problems of Aluminum based materials.
1. Xiaoying, M., Guangming, Z., Chang, Z., Zisong, W., Jian, Y., Jianbing, L.,& Hongliang, L. (2009). Characteristics of BPA removal from water by PACl-Al 13 in coagulation process. Journal of colloid and interface science,337(2), 408-413.
2. رشیدی ،عبدالله . فاضلی مجتبی (1380)"تصفیه آب و روشهای بهبود کیفیت آب آشامیدنی"انتشارات معاونت آموزشهای تخصصی دانشگاه شهید عباسپور.
3. Jiang, J. Q., & Graham, N. J. (1998). Preparation and characterisation of an optimal polyferric sulphate (PFS) as a coagulant for water treatment. Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, 73(4), 351-358.
4. چالکش امیری. (1378)"راهنمای تصفیه آب".
5. Jiang, J. Q., Graham, N. J. D., & Harward, C. (1993). Comparison of polyferric sulphate with other coagulants for the removal of algae and algae-derived organic matter. Water Science and Technology, 27(11), 221-230.
6. Douterelo, I., Boxall, J. B., Deines, P., Sekar, R., Fish, K. E., & Biggs, C. A. (2014). Methodological approaches for studying the microbial ecology of drinking water distribution systems. water research, 65, 134-156.